Monday, December 14, 2015

There was a Memorial

On the sixth of December I wrote that I went to CT and took the train around 3 to DC for the Rockhopper and then went to Balboa.  I had to find the 29.  I texted my friend and my buddy then.  On the way through McLaren Park my friend revealed he wouldn’t be at Bike Party.  The bus let me off at the spot where a young man had been gunned down by cops the day before.  There was a memorial placed there.  I walked the bike up 3rd to Yosemite and found the welder’s shop.  I interacted with him and then ran for the T Line.

I spent the whole time calculating my ETA until Civic.  The train took 30 minutes.  I found my friend at around 615 outside Martuni’s.  We walked to Orenchi.  We started planning our event then and what the venue was.  I had had a beer and had decided that I wouldn’t be going to Bike Party.  I spent the rest of the night watching Kim Deal, Sonic Youth, the Pixies and Are You Being Served.

In the morning of the next day my friend made me breakfast.  Her roommate Brett came in later and had coffee with us.  My friend and I spent a lot of time talking about the event.  I noted that I very likely wrote up a document then.

I went to the bank and then Whole Foods and got Triple Cream.  Eventually we walked to the house of her dance comrade and had cheese and crackers with her and her husband.  We got to know the cats as our host talked about traveling to Rome and Lisboa.  Later our hostess Yumi started going through her closet with my friend and I got to know the host.  

We took 12th back to my friend's place and I helped set up the ext device for her wifi.  She had a bunch of homework to do and made dinner for her and her roommate.  

An aquaintance of mine told me we should meet up so I arranged to go meet her at Farmer John’s.  I took the subway to Powell and we sat at the bar.  I ordered a rye and the chicken.  She showed me an article on the rock star she was hanging out with and we discussed the lifestyle.  Later she explained that she wasn’t like him in the same respect but that she had a hard time differentiating herself.  We reflected on her life and eventually she talked about her relationship status.  We looked at pictures of of a mutual acquaintance .

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up late and my friend texted me late saying that her old work buddy would meet us at Four Barrel.  Later it turned out it was just his wife and his kid.  We sat with with them for a while and later I met a guy with a Betabrand sweatshirt.  Her boy was going to start preschool.  We walked with them to Guererro and then went to her place.

Later we took the F Market to Grant and went to de La Presse.  There we talked about the venue for our event and came to a conclusion about the rest.  We spent some time walking around Union Square and through Macy*s then.

Later I rode the Wiggle and then Page.  I went down Irving to 40th.  At home I sat down for dinner with the parents and told them about the planned event in combination with mom’s birthday party.   I started writing a bit later and ended up watching TV.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment