Sunday, December 20, 2015

Paid for a Round

On the thirteenth of December I wrote that I rode the Wiggle to Duboce where a U turning driver was being dangerous.  My friend said her roommate he would join us for dinner.  Her other roommate came in afterwards.  I looked out the window and walked to the bar.

Some acquaintances were there and I later learned that someone had paid for a round.  I met a lady and some girls had approached my seat to charge their phone.  I met some new people.  One of the bartender’s husband was there.  He told me his professors want him to enroll in a PhD program.  I was in bed at 1.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this my friend made me breakfast and I sat with her roommate and ate French toast.  They were discussing Maple syrup.  After finishing the meal it was raining pretty heavy.  I went to FedEx later and sat at a console.  I had some addresses together and got a bit of help.  That was when I discovered I needed to include an email with the letter I was writing.  I had sent it but the blocking was wrong.

My friend went to find my riding buddy’s wife around then and I wanted to meet up with them.  Everything was going glacially slow then.  They texted to say where they were and I let them know that I was getting the cards printed.  I had to wait for the final cut and getting onto the train was horrible.  When I finally boarded the girls were at the bar already.

When I arrived the emperor was there and took us to Ghirardelli and I had the opportunity to interact with some Twitter friend’s.  Later I talked to some of the event organizers about the Boothby cocktail.  I showed them a book he had written.  My other Twitter friend came in then and we got a drink but it was too late for the toast.  We went up stairs and all of my new acquaintances got to talk about organizing a ride.  I interacted with a guy that was in my line of work and said bye to people on the way out.

I went with the girls to another bar and had bar food.  We chatted about our holiday party experience and they discussed organizing a new the ride and other things.  We walked to the J and said bye at Van Ness.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment