Monday, December 28, 2015

Transformations and Topologies

On the eighteenth of December there was a delay.  My friend made it to her place before me. She was on the phone so I left her alone.  When she was done we looked over our lines for the event until our acquaintance the celebrant came by.  I ran up to Kinkos to get a print out and then edited, practiced and talked.

We went to the ramen place nearby then and just talked about a few things on the way.  We discussed my friend’s sister and her buddy until the restaurant.  I engaged the celebrant over n-dimensional transformations and topologies while we ate.  Later we picked up my friend's farm box and then headed to her apartment where we said bye to our acquaintance.  He said he would see me at the Pavilion on Saturday.  My friend and I spent the rest of the night talking in the kitchen.

Around 7 we walked over to Blue Bottle and then to CIty Hall where we licensed our event.  It turned out that my brother wouldn’t be around until Saturday and that was a bit discouraging.  While we were with the clerk my brother-in-law called from out of town.  I called him back when we had finished up and told him to bring my nephew by on Saturday.  We walked to the Mercury for a breakfast of eggies and biscuits and after a short walk we agreed to meet later.  I caught a 38 to Union Square.

There were a lot of shoppers and they all got off at Powell.  I got off at Grant and walked to Post to pick up my purchases for the event. The attendant made small talk and I made nice.  Later I walked to Sutter and tried the White Horse but it was closed.  I took the bus to Divisadero then and while I was waiting I noticed that the information kiosk had ipads with a Twitter app.  I took a look and found that the person who had set up the app had not blocked it’s usage.  I used her account to retweet everything from the last five days and follow myself.

My friend walked up to me with a funny face and I noticed it but she didn’t say anything until we were on the bus.  Some high school girl was totally listening to our conversation and that was rather awkward.  We visited the kitchen store and bought some whisky glasses before stopping by Whole Foods for a sandwich.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment