Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Empanadas at Zeitgeist

On the third of December I wrote that I left at 330 and rode to CT.  I made it to 16th.  I rode to the empanaderia and went to see a friend but she was headed to a training.  A few minutes later I was seated with a well known journalist eating my empanadas at Zeitgeist until a well known professor showed up.  Then went out and sat in the chill air and talked about bike rides.

The journalist talked about writing for a paper in Santa Barbara/SLO where he is from.  He had gone to a bunch of parties.  The professor and I talked about his presentation in Chicago.  I talked a bit about my brother's log cabin.  I told the professor about my upcoming presentation in SF and he said that he wanted to do a bike ride for the conference.

He stayed behind when the journalist and I said bye at the door.  I walked to Walgreens and Ace.  I bought photos, a frame and lights.  I went to my friend’s and set my purchases up with her roommate.  However, I ran out at that point because I had been in contact with an acquaintance of mine.  We met at Smuggler’s and after briefly recounting where we had last seen each other months before she shared her current malaise with me.  She said that her friends had all moved to other states and she had been feeling pretty consistently rudderless.

I was conciliatory but only a moment later she recounted how she had been dating a nineties rock star and traveling all over the US.  I told her that she needed to sit down and write it out.  There were other rock stars that she had interacted with since I had last seen her as well as connecting her rock star beau with famous people.

I told her about my life but it paled in comparison.  I was struck by how she wanted to move to New York because of opportunity and family.  I was in bed around 1100.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment