Friday, December 4, 2015

Ironed Out the Melodrama

On the twenty-fifth of November I had to run for the train and at DC I went home.  It was dark and cold.  I had dinner with the parents but immediately had trouble interacting with them.  Dad thought I was upset about the ticket I had received in the mail.  I ironed out the melodrama before I went to my room alone and did work.  Later I came upstairs again after all the activity upstairs had calmed down and watched TV for an hour before going to bed.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I got up at 930 and started looking through my stuff to identify things I needed for my day: a pair of pants and a book for my friend.  I had to check with mom so waited upstairs before returning to the room to tidy up.

I rode to Nomad then and they told me to straighten my derailleur.  I rode to Page and down to Noe where I went to Peets and had some coffee while looking for followers.  Later I went to Best Buy and looked at phones and laptops.  Later I put my bike away and interacted with my friend’s roommate.  He was finishing up with the phone company guy.  It had taken four hours to install a new wifi system.  We talked about the shopping he needed.  When he left I took the foldie to the shop and then went to Whole Foods where I got a lot of food.  I even had to stop at Safeway.  I dropped the food off and then got the bike.

I rode to the Embarcadero and noted that the ride was a bit tedious.  I noted too that my friend was there waiting for me.  After a brief discussion of later plans we decided to pay her roommate a visit at work on Geary.  I noted that that ride was only a bit easier.  He was getting into work.  We talked to the people and on the way out I stopped at the liquor store before we rode to Hyde.

Back at my friend’s house I spoke to my brother on the phone and I went and found him near Market.  We hung out eating leek soup.  Later my friend’s roommate did her comedy hour.

Eventually my brother and I went to visit the Residence.  We looked at the bike mural on the way.  No Country for Old Men was playing.  We had some Anchor and I told him my job was alright but I glossed over things.  Later he said stuff about his life.  I knew he wasn’t thrilled about some stuff.

We tried to go into the Church Street station and the trains were not running.  I was pissed because nether Next Bus or the regular schedule said anything.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment