Thursday, November 12, 2015

Writing Me a Ticket

On the twenty-ninth of October I wrote that I had left the day before at 330.  I couldn’t do the next thing on my list of things without missing the train home.  SOme coworkers passed me and when I got to the Holly crossing I saw a sheriff's car waiting to enter the intersection at Skyway.  When he passed me he looked at my lane position.  I waited in the turn lane behind him.

When I followed him to the next street he stopped and I knew he wanted to detain me.  I went over to the sidewalk and that was where he approached me saying, “Hold on let me park.”  There he told me that if I admitted to doing something wrong he wouldn’t give me a ticket.  I told him I hadn’t done anything wrong.

While he was writing me a ticket I told him that I had been following the sharrows in the road.  He didn’t seem to care.  I told him that I knew how the police in San Mateo County felt about cyclists.  He kept telling me he was concerned for my safety.  I recited the law to him and he seemed to think I was supporting his assertion.

I went to the station then and learned that I had missed my train.  Some girl offered me an Altoid.  I called a friend for support and we agreed to meet for a drink.  In the meantime some coworkers had arrived at the station.  They told me to take the shuttle next time.

I noted that the trains were strangely ordered.  I went all the way to my friend’s place and tried to be pleasant.  I put some mood music on. We talked about outfit for Halloween and how to make pillows over drank whiskey.  Her roommate came in then and I left them alone.  Later we walked to SOMA to have sandwiches at Willows.  Back at her place we watched Dr. Who.  I went to bed before 11.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 620 and went to DC BART and had just enough time to lock the bike and get a paper.  I hurt my leg on my bike.  I went to SBr and got a coffee.  I noticed on the way to SBr CT that there was a news vendor.  I took the shuttle from SCar with the coworkers.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment