Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Movie Blazing Saddles

I braved the freeway and then waited for the train under the tracks.  The announcement was early as normal.I learned that that train goes to Mib and the next SBr.  I went to 16th and yelled at a driver on Valencia.

Later I stopped by my freind’s house and she had just arrived.  She had gone running but I had not.  I sat in the kitchen drinking wine, recounting the movie Blazing Saddles while she prepared dinner.  Her old coworker came in and we settled in for the meal.  She told us about her friend in Petaluma and then I talked about work.

I realized too late that my attitude was terrible but those girls are is forgiving so I was lucky.  One had given me a crown but it was a party favor so after dinner I walked up to Haight and got a crown and cape.  I noted that I still needed a scepter and leggings.  My walk back was interesting with lots of looks because of the outfit.  I noted that there had been a fire across from Whole Foods and the moon was huge.

When I got back there was one more lady in - my riding partner’s wife.  I showed everyone my outfit and later complimented the cookies before starting the dishes.  Apparently my riding buddy and I shouldn’t have gone to the happy hour on Friday.  The last lady of the evening- my friend’s dancing buddy had just come in at this point. I had another taco to see if she wanted anything to eat but began putting things away anyway.

My friend had started a few months before a thing called mending mondays and the ladies that come are a good cross section of the people in our lives.  One needed to fix a bag, another was working on curtains and the last had a dress to mend.  My friend had been fixing the costume she was going to wear on Halloween.

I made a joke about being intimidated by the ladies and all of them weighed in on that so I went back to drying the dishes.  Later they all started to leave and I gave out high fives before saying bye to everyone.  My friend and I and watched an episode of Dr Who.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 630.  I had to get a paper and my bag fell off.  Some guy picked it up and I was nonplussed.  There was a new vendor at SBr where I got coffee.  The attendant thought I was her regular.  I tried walking to the next station but got nervous.  However, there is scope to walk.

At SCar there were many of the same people.  The bus driver blocked an intersection and I noted that the commute.org bus had made it to the office first.  I asked around about it but got no answers.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment