Monday, November 16, 2015

An Undead Couple

On November 1st I wrote I had worn a king’s outfit for Halloween the night before.  I had just finished writing and went to the living room.  My buddy had just purchased used bike.  We took pictures and walked to Church Street where we discovered that the J was coming so we ran.  My friend’s shoes weren’t the best for that but we made it.  She tagged me in.  I looked ridiculous riding the train in a king’s costume. Someone called my buddy Kurt Cobain.  We all had fernet in our goblets.  Someone took a polaroid photograph of my friend before we got to 22nd street and climbed to the Halloween party.

We presented ourselves to the host and hostess and entered the kitchen.  The fashionistas were in the futon room. In the kitchen we talked to the host, who was wearing a fez. I made a drink and we ate pizza in the living room. I had a snack of one of my tarts and I got a plate for my friend.  We then went in back to use the photo booth. I got to see some people dressed as Daleks from Dr. Who.

We stood there for a bit with lady and the three of us went to the kitchen. I interacted with Bike Party people.  Later more showed up with their girlfriends.  Meanwhile several of us followed the host outside and looked at his pumpkin.  We met a cat.  Later we watched Big Trouble in Little China and then Rocky Horror.  We saw a couple with roller coaster themed costumes complete with sound in the living room then and in the backyard I took a new photo with Things One and Two and an undead couple.  They offered us Jello shots which went well with our weak drinks.

As the night progressed several of us made plans to attend a test ride on Sunday.  That was around when my friend and I followed the undead couple and Thing One and Two to Church and hopped a J to Market street where we took pictures at whole foods of our royal outfits before sitting down to watch some Doctor Who.

I had grits and coffee the next morning with my friend before going to have a cup of coffee at Blue Bottle.  Then we met the test ride in the Green and I noted that several people flaked.  We followed the route to the Market Street Railway museum where we stopped to catch our breath.  I noted that the girls went to talk to the curator. I asked him about the photo sharing group.

Later we stopped at the Ferry Building before heading out to the Giant's street food spot and onward towards Homestead Bar.  We split up there but a few of us chatted and wrote up notes on the ride. We also paid to rent the party room and looked into entertainment.  After a short while we rode to Valencia and said bye to each other.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment