Thursday, November 26, 2015

Who and Blazing Saddles

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I had breakfast and went to Patricia’s Green with my friend for coffee.  Her riding partner met us there.  We rode to Polk and Post.  Just past Union square our companion got a flat.  We walked to the Embarcadero but neither of the rental shops would help us.


She went to Huckelberry because her husband wouldn’t come down to help.  My friend and I followed her.  I asked about Bromptons and then we went to Equator and had some coffee.  On the way back we talked to the owner of Warm Planet.  When the tire had been fixed we got the bikes and headed to the Market Street Rail Museum.  The girls talked about photos but remained undecided.


From there we looked at Pier 14 and then rode to Anchor’s beer garden where I had a portobello mushroom and our companion told us about leaving groceries in the wrong car.  We discussed the Edwardian Ball.


We arrived at Homestead after riding Townsend and inspecting the turn to Harrison from Duboce.  The girls went to the thrift store and I went to the apartment to get the videos and saw my friend’s roommate.  I climbed up the Wiggle then and took Page and Lincoln to the video store.  There was a crowd around a meter in front and some lady seemed to be fixing a parking ticket for what seemed to be a family.  They were there the whole time I was dropping the movies.  I got a Dr. Who and Blazing Saddles.


I rode down Irving and went to the bank.  I also saw an acquaintance at 40th and we talked as we rode.  At home I sat with mom for a bit.  I was downstairs when she came down later to show me my brothers boyhood tweed outfit.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment