Monday, September 26, 2022

Mimosas, Coffee and Pancakes

On October 10th, 2021, I woke up at Pantoll campground at 7:45 about. I had slept on the ground next to my companion‘s tent.

In the parking lot a running group was talking perhaps a bit too loud. We coped well enough. I snacked while my companions got ready. By the time the last of us was up we were nearly packed. We quickly checked the site and headed to Old Stage Road and passed a lot of families headed to West Point Inn. When we got there we sat out back after we ordered. We had mimosas, coffee and pancakes with a few sausages. I was really happy with the meal.

We stood for a bit taking in the beauty of the bay before rolling to Fern Creek for some fresh air in the shade. After that we descended to Summit Road with only a few stops. We saw planes at Double Bowtie for Fleet Week. From there we descended Summit to Mill Valley and onward to Sausalito, where we had a beer at No Name bar.

After the boat trip we got some beer and rode to Duboce Park. I made a quick stop at home to drop my bags. Some of our friends had put together a big birthday spread. I was happy to see them. We them break down with a big load of tables and chairs after the party.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment