Monday, October 4, 2021

The Crystal Springs Trail

On November 14, 2020 I wrote that the morning of the day that I wrote this up at 9:45 and left at 11 to ride up rode Alemany to Hillside in Daly City. I followed every turn without a problem and passed or was passed by a number of cyclists - one was snotty.

I stopped at a market to rest and at Holy Cross I realized I’d be able to see my mother‘s grave but I couldn’t find it. I rode to San Bruno to have coffee at Peet’s. I bought spray olive oil at Molly stones because the bike was squeaking. I rode through San Bruno to Shelter Creek.

I thought that Whitman would be the best way to go but there was a slight hill and I ended up going around the high school at the top because the area is so hilly. I noted that the next time I go I should go through the Shelter Creek apartment complex and come out at the other side on Whitman to climb up to the Crystal Springs Trail

I tweeted when I got to the top.

I rode the San Andreas lake trail to Hillcrest and noted that it was not continuous since you have to take Skyline for a short distance until you get to the Crystal Springs Trail. I had some sublime moments all the way down to San Andreas dam. I texted with family and later crossed the Crystal Springs dam which was fantastic. From there I explored the parallel trails until la CaƱada college.

By then it was getting dark. I bought a drink at a liquor store and caught my breath at Sequoia station. Unfortunately, I missed tagging in and had to do so at Belmont. I had caught the express so the trip turned out great.

When I got back to the city, I went to Sycamore and then to the apartment.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment