Friday, October 8, 2021

Past 2 Pancake Places

On November 27, 2020 I wrote that that morning I woke up at three in the morning at my father’s house. One of my boys had come downstairs to complain that his brother was kicking him. When we got up at 7:30 they played for a while. While one was a touch grouchy they were playful.

I got them dressed and fed. Dad had made coffee. We left at 10:30 on our way to see Grammy’s plot.

Dad took Sunset Boulevard and Brotherhood Way to the top of the hill. Then he picked up some flowers on Hillside before we got to Holy Cross. The boys helped clear Grammy‘s grave and we laid a picture on her grave for a photo.

Dad cried as he left her plot. I explained to the boys that we needed to give him some space.

A short while later the boys helped him clear his parent’s grave and we placed some flowers there too. Dad hadn’t visited that spot for a long time so the grave was a mess.

We spent a lot of time walking around looking for my maternal grandmother‘s grave but only found ones that said a similar name - Dad said that they were a distant relative.

After that I drove to Hillcrest – past 2 pancake places – to visit the San Andreas Lake Trail. Dad spoke to a city worker and I got some photos of the boys with the lake. It was hard to keep their attention.

I drove us around the neighborhood because I wanted to visit again by bike. Unfortunately, the area was too steep for bikes and I had to admit that the best approach was from San Bruno rather than Millbrae.

We took the freeway back and I got coffee while the boys slept. Later the boys played and Dad fell asleep in the chair and the boys threw pillows at him. Later we had pizza and I showed the boys my pictures. When they finished eating they watched TV until late.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment