Monday, October 11, 2021

Decorate the Tree

On December 8, 2020 I wrote that the alarm clock went off at the usual time and so did my phone but I succeeded in getting up with just enough free time to eat and sit at my desk to attend a work meeting.

An acquaintance and I went to the cafe and discussed hegemony – it was my lecture really. When we were done I confirmed that we would meet for a bike ride on the coming Saturday. I got some fresh air on the way back to the apartment.

I got my bike out and went to dad’s. I was avuncular and dad shared his mix of emotions over the Christmas cards. As we discussed our plans for the month, he revealed that he was at a loss over decorating the tree my sister had gotten him.

Later he told me he wanted to travel to see family in the summer of 2021. I left after eating all his candy. We had a bit of ice cream. I had had whiskey. I pumped up my tires and rode to The Panhandle.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment