Thursday, October 21, 2021

A Prepared Turkey

On December 25, 2020, I wrote that the day before I woke up at 9:30 around and skipped eating to go to the coffee shop and had a second cuppa coffee. I went home and logged into my work email. I had taken the day off.

I had been mostly putting stuff away. The bookcase in the front room was partially organized. I ate around 430 and at five texted an acquaintance to say I would be going to the Panhandle. He had just finished a ride to Pacifica.

I went to healthy spirits and picked up some Stiegl and a small bottle of rye whiskey. I hung out in the park at 6:30 and by 7:45 I had stopped by an his house in the Richmond. He and I rode past the mushroom trees and the city's Christmas tree. We followed a fire truck to Page Street and visited his girlfriend for eggnog. Five of us hung out in the back over looking the alley and ate some oyster soup. I got home at 12:30 and watched TV until late.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke at 10 and had a meal and enjoyed having the house to myself. I had FaceTime with my kids. It was raining.

Later I left on my bike in the rain around 2:10. I rode slowly across Market and up the wiggle. The street was quiet but it was lightly raining. As I climbed Page and it got wetter. I made Kezar fine but I was not dry anymore.

Starbucks at ninth had closed by the time I got there. So, I went to 19th Ave. where they were open for a small amount longer. I got coffee and tried to dry out. I was wearing wool anyway. I had a 2nd cup and then rode through light rain to see my father.

After I had been there long enough to make myself presentable, my sister arrived with her family. We sat in the living room with football playing. My nephew kept turning the sound up. I tried to convince my niece to write a book.

The meal was a prepared turkey from a well known local butcher and it only required minimal cooking. We all agreed it was perfect and everyone thought getting another next year might be the best. We sat with dad talking about the news and old high school friends until my sister said it was time to go.

I left about 45 minutes later. Dad was in his study. The ride home was fine. I was putting a bunch of stuff into the bookcase as I was going to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment