Monday, October 25, 2021

Saint Moritz Train Ride

On January 1, 2021, I wrote that I was staying at dad’s with my kids. The boys came down at six to ask what to do. As I had been up late the night before I was not prepared for this. I put them back to bed but they were up a short while later.

Between 10 then and 11 we got ready for the day. My father helped a lot.. I ate and tidied before starting getting ready to leave. I made the boys sandwiches before taking the bike outside.

My niece had just arrived. I filled her tires and grabbed some fresh air. I repotted an orchid. The four of us rode up Ortega and out 41st to Martin Luther King. Then we went up the speedway bike path to Lloyd lake and played bocce.

My sister took her daughter home then and then the boys and I rode to get coffee and visit Argonne playground and eat chocolate croissants. Then we rode up to 12th and Cabrillo to take photos of an acquaintance's new apartment. We then went behind the Conservatory of Flowers to Bunny Meadow and Panhandle Park. The boys had to play again.

When we got to Page, one of the boys quit and we rode all the way to the apartment. I unpacked and started pizza. The boys started watching swiss train recordings.

I had salad with my pizza. When I was done cleaning we had ice cream and we watched most of the rest of the Saint Moritz train ride and they went to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment