Saturday, October 16, 2021

Vascona Reservoir

On December 19, 2020, I wrote that that morning I got up at 9:45 and had a small meal before grabbing everything and getting coffee at 7th. Then I boarded the 1148 train headed for Diridon. There I visited chromatic coffee and continued onward to Bascom Street to eat my scones.

I had to cross to Campbell Park after riding an uneven boardwalk bridge. When I got to the settling pond I thought I had accomplished something but it was only the first of many flood control features.

I passed some ponds full of ducks. At Vascona Reservoir I noticed homes were built right below the dam. I probably could’ve ridden through the parking lot. By this point I had noticed I would be cutting my time pretty close.

I passed Highway 9 and started into the mountains on a dirt road. Then I climbed up onto the dam at Lexington Reservoir and to the spot I know where I could continue easily. I gave up after catching some fresh air and interviewing people about the area.

After that I descended back into the canyon yelling at birds and saying hello to people all the way until I made it to the pavement again. I stopped to catch my breath twice. Near the end of my journey, I stopped for a burrito on Lincoln and had some beers while waiting for the 6pm train back to SF. I fell asleep on the train for a bit.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment