Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Korbel Winery

On December 30 I wrote that I work that morning to my friend in the room next-door. It was seven. I was being lazy. She had gotten up earlier because of noise and had fallen asleep.

I went down and made coffee. I did a few other things and then rode out to the store.  However, instead of just going out to get breakfast fixins and a sandwich, I rode out to Sunset Beach across Hacienda Bridge for some reconnaissance.  I found a couple of roads which I thought were okay. When I came back across the bridge I remembered to additionally buy some wine and chips.

I rode back and we ate with our companions.  They were getting ready to go on the day’s adventure by then. After a cup of coffee we all loaded onto our bikes and headed to Hacienda Bridge. I showed them the dirt road to Sunset Beach but we decided to take the highway. I yelled about traffic too much - the road was pretty narrow.

We went to the deli at the Korbel Winery before going on the tour. It was interesting because we saw the history of the winery and the innovations which made it world-famous. Afterwards we bought some stuff and rode back.  Aside from minor hiccups, we made it to Hacienda really easy.

We stopped at the corner store and then returned to the rental.  We had a lot to do but later we ordered some pizza and relaxed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment