Saturday, March 7, 2020

Sister's House in Reno

On November 26 I wrote that the day before I fell asleep on the train and then we went over Donner Pass. My friend didn’t sleep. We looked for the bike path out the window after Truckee and Verdi.

At Reno Station she went to the waiting room and I gave my claim checks to the agent before bringing the bikes to the waiting room. The ride up to Truckee River to my sister’s house in Reno was hard because it was so cold and getting dark. However, we managed fine and unloaded quickly. The garage door was open.

My sister had prepared the extra room very lightly so I set to work while everyone else got ready to eat barbecue for pork chops for dinner. I opened a bottle of wine and sat at the dinner table. They offered me snacks and I had a great time.  After dinner we started to wind down but I had to make a cold ride through the night to get stuff at the supermarket. 

In the morning of the day that I wrote this my friend woke twice to make a lot of noise with the air with the air mattress which had deflated. I just lay there quietly. By 830 we were up but everyone else had gone to work. I ate some cereal and then spent a lot of time cleaning the coffee machine and waited for a grocery delivery.

We offered my niece who was around later a cup of SF coffee.  I did some dishes, while my friend was napping.  It was around 2 o’clock when we rode to the Truckee River half for a quick cup of coffee. However, it was too cold to do anything so I took a quiet walk on my own down the river to the island.  It was really cold but I found that quietly tossing rocks into the river was fun.

After that we rode the Truckee River back to the house and had a martini with my sister. Later we had stuffed squash for dinner and settled in to watch the Dolly Parton special.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment