Thursday, March 12, 2020

Seated for Thanksgiving

On November 28 I wrote that I was abruptly woken to noise but didn’t venture out until 715. Someone had gotten up so I made coffee but there weren’t a lot of people up yet.  Later there was a breakfast spread and I made the rest of the coffee I had brought from the city. Later there was another pot but by then I was checking out.

When everyone was up I helped quiet the living room while everyone did exercises. I was alone for an hour after that and later decided to shovel the drive.  After that I went on a walk to Knight and visited the bakery on McCarran. When I returned I had some of the appetizers. I also quietly watched snow plows on my phone.

By four, the turkey was done and we were seated for Thanksgiving. Some family relationships joined us. I ate everything but realized I had had too much and took a nap.

We had dessert after that and the guests went home. Cleanup went well. We killed off the coffee and watched Harry Potter. The movie was a hit but I did have to sit quietly during the scary parts. We wound down and I tidied our room.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment