Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Into Summer Home Park

On December 28 I wrote that I had gotten up at seven and made coffee and then descended to the street with my bike to set up the cargo bike. We started packing around then.  I made more coffee to go and took Market to Duboce Park where we met our companions. 

We rode the wiggle to Golden Gate Park and took Arguello into the Presidio before passing the golf course. We also stopped before crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, which was easier than I had anticipated. We saw one of the original mountain bikers as we rode under the 101. Sausalito came and went quickly. We stopped at a grocery store.

We were running out of time then - dashing out onto the marsh and over horse hill. I was really tired. At Tamalpais some lady went the wrong way through the bike path. We rode to Miller and the Corte Madera Creek crossing brought us into conflict with a wheelchair.

Fortunately, we caught the SMART train with three minutes to spare. There wasn’t a lot of room but we managed.  Two stops later we all had seats and one of our companions was live streaming. We ate lunch and had a toast. The stations whizzed by: marsh, bridge, vineyards and towns. I tweeted and later got a cider.

We got off the SMART train at Airport Station and rode after making a couple wrong turns ended up on Shiloh.  The ride began easily. We met a bit of traffic but it wasn’t horrible. At Eastside we made a lot of progress but the uphill sections on Wohler and Westside were difficult.

We crossed into Summer Home Park at four and rode up a giant hill looking for the rental.  We actually found the house at one point but had to descend back to enter it. We decided the house was great and some headed off to the corner store before it got too dark or rainy. When they returned we had a drink, broke down the bikes, ate and had a good time.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment