Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Getting into My Tweed

On 7 November I wrote that I noted that I was getting into my tweed when I discovered there was a bunch of noise in the front room. I noted that when I had everything all of a sudden my friend’s sister was downstairs.

I went for the meet up spot but no one was there – literally right before the meet up time. I found someone at the upper playground and that was when my friend and her sister arrived.

I noted that we relocated to the meet up spot and made ready to go get the trike at the laboratory via 19th. The executive gave us cotton candy. Then he lowered the trike to us. That was around when we left for Dolores Park again. Back at Dolores Park there were a lot of people but I wanted to hassle. I saw a bunch of people I knew.  There were photos.The executive we had interacted with had showed up.

We took Sanchez and then went up the Wiggle.  We had had a hard time with the Extracycle and my trike but they ran quietly enough. My friend and I discussed strategy and decided that we didn't need anything from the store. I interacted with many of the ride participants.

At the conservatory my friend’s old coworker offered us cheese and and tea until my mom and sister appeared with my niece. One of my Sacramento acquaintances offered me a beer.

Several people asked to ride the trike as I got some water.  I've interacted with one of the previous organizers around then. We had to go take a photo after that and my friend and I got extra photos. It was about time to leave then. I talked over some whiskey with a photographer. I also met a very well dressed lady from San Jose with a Sherlock Holmes hat.

I said bye to my mom and we rode with my niece to Page Street crossing and where we said bye to my sister.

There was an open house for a local high school but we managed to go through just fine after driving down Haight Street.  We headed to Page and Webster and then rode through Hayes Valley on McAllister before entering Civic Center and finishing the ride at 20th century.

We created a really large crowd there. I noted that it was trouble at first but soon the customers start clearing out and cyclists took their places. I noted that a few revelers left.

Someone had to be watching the bikes at all times so the organizers were stuck outside much of the time. I got some fresh air with the ladies and some of my friend’s best buddies stood at the door and made a bunch of noise. Eventually we sat down inside and I got some sparkly.

Once we were all seated my friend’s buddies and the organizers brought out a birthday cake. We sang happy birthday and took photos. Then she said stuff to everyone individually and people start to head out. I noted that a Sacramentan said they were going to Two Sisters. So, after I had dropped my friend off quietly at home I met them and few others for a drink and some talk.  I thanked everyone and went to smugglers cove with one of the organizers and her friend’s then.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment