Monday, November 14, 2016

Tickets for The Tasting

On November 4 I wrote that I often do this thing where I walk back-and-forth in the house while my friend is making noise in the living room. I wrote that I did this thing for a while before it was time to go get the farm box.

I sent my Twitter follower a message as I was walking down the street. The box was easily accessible and then I went to the hashtag event. There was quite a crowd there. Two colleagues who's company I really enjoy were there and that was nice.  I struck up a conversation with one about a found photographs non-profit we knew and in a short bit the other was sitting nearby too.

I met a French guy and the organizers were nearby.  I noted that some leaders were were absent. I noted that a minor twitter celebrity was also there and I also met a few others. One guy had this nifty app.  They were a few other interesting people.

My twitter follower showed up and he was clearly grateful to be around us.  He knew the minor twitter celebrity well and they stayed in conversation the rest of the night.  The bartender gave us tickets for the tasting. The troop of us went over. I snuck an extra drink.

This is when an associated personality - a fellow alumnus - came around and I noted that he had a bunch of plants. One of my colleagues – the chicken farmer – took one. One of the organizers took one of the others. When the organizer learned we were fellow alumnae the organizer mentioned another person from my college. She had had an interview with him.

I had one more beer and then I hung out with the twitterers before leaving. I went to the pizzeria and had a beer while my pizza was being made. Then I went to the apartment.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment