Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Bus to Union

On the thirtieth of October I wrote that my neice and I hatched a plan for the day and walked to Rainbow Grocery. Then we went to Goodwill on mission and caught a bus to Union. The ladies were supposed to meet us but they couldn't. So, we caught a 45 to Lyon and walked past the Yoda statue to the Disney Family Museum.

I got us tickets while she checked our jackets.  We started on the first floor looking at Disney's early stuff and progress through to his midlife and onto Cinderella and etc. He created all this new cinematic technology and moved into a thing he called Animatronics. There's a scale model of Disneyland.

I had a snack while my niece got a souvenir for her sister and then we walk to Fillmore Street. She hated the buses but the views and neighborhoods made up for it.  At Duboce we walked to the apartment. I left the girls alone quietly in the bedroom before we had tacos with my friend’s aunt and her sister-in-law. When the aunt left we put on costumes and three of us left a little late for the Halloween party then.

We took the J from market and got off the 22nd and then climbed a huge hill to the party. First I saw the host and a guest we knew well. I noticed a whole bunch of people I knew. There were even some people from Sacramento.

In the kitchen there were several people I knew from bike party.  At one point many of us were in the backyard getting some fresh air.  There were a few people I had gotten to know over a long period.  Later I talked to the hostess and one of the organizers from Sacramento.

A couple of people left a little bit later as I was trying to set up a trip to Sacramento.  However, I discovered later that there was an event I wanted to do so I put it off. I made promises for overtime. I also tried to recruit people to travel to Chico or Marin.

My niece was falling asleep at that point so I introduced her to the host and we left after saying bye to everyone.  We went to the J and waited.  Later we walked to the apartment and it took several hours for us to wind down.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 7:30 in the morning. The ladies were in the living room and I was writing.  A bit later I walked to whole foods and got coffee. I talked to a well known organizer who told me to look into research and then told me to volunteer.

Back at the apartment it was time to eat the cake my neice had made.  We spent a lot of time talking about how great it was. We ate too much.  I did the dishes after we ate and the ladies spent a few hours in the living room. They left a bit later with my friend.  I started to clean the living room and later had some tacos.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment