Monday, December 5, 2016

Gave Me His Anthology

On 13 November I wrote that I found a dimple on my top tube as I was leaving the apartment that I hadn't noticed before. I noted that it was probably from Bike Party or the day or two before that. I headed to the Castro for errands and went to Harvey's after that.

Much later my friend and I packed some bags and climbed to Haight to catch a seven to Noriega.  My father was there as we were getting off the bus and he walked with us to his house where we hung out in the kitchen, living room and other parts of the house talking loudly to my family.

The evening progressed wonderfully.  My sister made seared/baked veal and tilapia. We had a pumpkin and apple pie I had extra ice cream. I had wine and I tried to divert the conversation away from politics while we did the dishes.  I wanted to play scrabble but we were tired.  I probably fell asleep around 10 that night.

By 10 the next morning we were hanging out at a local coffee shop.  Unfortunately, the roaster, our acquaintance, wasn't in but my friend bumped into someone that she used to see at her old job. I had another coffee and then we went to the house  to sit with the parents before catching an N to Cole Valley for lunch and a glass of sparkling wine at a local cafe.  A local poet tweeted to me while we were there to say he had a regular spoken word thing every out front.

We went out and listened to his poetry then.  We were transfixed by some of the poems he shared with us.  He had a box of books to share and he gave me his anthology before we took the N to Civic Center.  On the way we bumped into a colleague of mine and and his buddy.

A while later I met some old college friend’s and their families for drinks and dinner at a local hotel.  It was a bit loud in the room but I ate it up. We had wanted to go to the hotel restaurant or the nearby veggie restaurant but in the end decided to go to the Giro place instead.

My friend and I took off a bit after this but I returned to the hotel an hour later. We talked about work and other things until we walked to beer hall for a beer. We talked about family and our personal lives. Much later we grabbed a couple of chairs from the lobby and he told me about his crazy father and uncle.

My friend and I met them the next morning in the hotel lobby for coffee and then said goodbye before they headed to see family in Marin.  From there we took the F to the Ferry Building for coffee and met my riding partner near Pier 7.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment