Friday, November 18, 2016

He Knew Enough People

On 5 November I wrote that my friend made me beef stew and it was delicious. She also gave me whiskey to go. When I was finish we said bye and I got beer on the corner and rode to Dolores Park.  I met a guy on the way. When we got to the park I noted that I shared my whiskey with the guys, some of whome had just arrived.

We went up Sanchez and I managed to pass everyone. At Duboce I was in the front.  We took Oak and then I took it easy on the panhandle. I saw my pianist acquaintance then and we talked about celebrity.  I kept telling him that if he went into ads then he could do radio and eventually he could start doing more music.

I was trying to convince him, as we were making a loop around Pelosi and MLK, to talk to the local twitter sensation that we both read.  The guy had a radio show that I thought he would do well on.  I also told him not doing ads would get him to the point where he knew enough people. He said that he had also thought about comedy. I suggested talking to a comic I knew.

At the conservatory I parked next to one of the guys’ bikes and suggested to them that they go on a bike ride with me to Marin sometime.  One of them introduced me to his coworker - one of which built mouintaing bike trails. I talked with a bunch of regulars as I toured the party.

I saw some of the organizers - they had recently married - and gave another one an umbrella. I then spoke to a programmer I knew about something that was close to my expertise. I spoke to still more regulars and then the ride was leaving.

We went through the dahlias to page and then to Haight street.  Near Webster I skipped a few blocks and got lost all by myself on McAllister because I had passed the green flag.

I met the the group at Civic Center and we talked as I finished my beer. I said goodbye to everyone and told several people that I'd see them on Sunday.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment