Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Fast Track Dinged

On 14 August I wrote that the previous Friday I took trains home to the apartment and found mom and dad there. When they were leaving, they left the car with me. I had pasta with my friend and the roommate was around for a short bit. That night I tried to make some posts.


It was 630 when I woke but I came into the living room at 8:30. I was in bed nesting until 10. I had French toast with my friend and a bit later headed to Fairfield.


We had an easy ride through the East Bay and crossed the strait at Martinez headed to Vallejo and I noticed that the fast track dinged. That portion of the ride was easy. We needed several things at the store but we just ran in on our way to Starbucks. That stop was easy. We left Fairfield at 3 o'clock.


We got to the Hyatt and valeted the car. I got us into the room easy and we rested. And hour later we called the car up and went down. We took ninth and went through Land Park.


Everyone was full of excitement when we came in. We stood by the living room and all the ladies made bird whistles. My old classmate’s fiance got me a drink and we sat on the couch. They were all very happy and we took pictures. I made my friend and I a bunch of food. I saw a lot of my classmates’ parent. Other old classmates arrived in time and one person suggested we go to the mountains someday.


I went outside to make a drink and also made another plate of picnic food. A lot of my classmate's friends were there and while I didn't know most of them I saw so many people I did know it was alright. I sat with the guys and their father and my friend hung out with people she knew. We talked about a trip to Hawaii. This is around when I saw people that used to date together and I was really happy about that. I talked to them for a bit and they acted very familiar with me.


People were leaving at this point so I said bye and the hostess walked us to the car.


We made it back to the Hyatt by 930 and we stopped by the lobby for tater tot's. I fell asleep then but about three hours later I woke up and stayed up for a while after that.


In the morning I went and got coffee and when I returned the sun was streaming in through the window. It was really warm.


We descended to the lobby then and we had the valet pack up the car. That made the rest the breeze. I got more coffee. We drove the capital mall out to the yellow bridge – I should've gone all the way to the causeway but we sat in traffic instead.


We quit driving at Fairfield and went to the stores again. We went to one store that had a lot of stuff that we actually needed. After this we went to Trader Joe's and got food before heading to the bank. The drive was not fun. There was traffic all the way back to the city.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment