Sunday, August 7, 2016

Complained about Bike Party

On the second July I wrote that the day before I left work after saying goodbye and I rode halfway to Redwood City before I had to catch my breath. The ride to 16th St. was all right. I rode to the apartment and discovered my friend was with her aunt. I was lucky to help her load her car because I had nearly missed her as she was leaving. She gave me a Merry Christmas picture her mother had made.


I hung out with my friend for a while and made a list. I left her in the kitchen making dinner. When I returned she had already eaten. As I ate I listened to her complain about the roommate. About 25 minutes later I was getting ready to go to bike party. We looked at the assemblage but decided it was too complicated for that night.


I rode fine on my way up Page on my way to Children's Playground. I hung out with one of the guys and we waited for our friends to arrive. There were a lot of the usual people but I didn't much say a lot to them. A couple of the guys shared their whiskey. I took a lot of photos as we rode Pelosi and MLK. We crossed 19th and went up 25th. My strategy has always been to rotate.I noted that there was a loop at Ortega using 35th.  I noted that we continued on to the suit. I met a lady with her young child.


At the zoo I hung out with a couple of the younger menstayed. They interacted with some of the ladies I knew from Butter and I interacted with the one guy who had gone on Butter the most. After this we rode the great highway to Golden Gate Park and up to the Polo Fields. I decided I didn't really get along with most of the people on that ride. At the spot we had chosen to stop, I stood with one of the guys and then hung out with random people.


I told one of them that I was going to leave and the guys to take Overlook Drive with me. They were confused at first but OK. We complained about bike party and there was broad agreement.


We bumped into an organizer and her hubby on the way and I didn't really feel like they wanted to ride with me so I said goodbye to everyone.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment