Thursday, August 4, 2016

She Wanted to Go

On the twenty-ninth of June I wrote that I left around 230 and went to RWC.  Then I went to Mib and 16th.  At the apartment my friend and I sat with computers for an hour.  She was really uncomfortable.  I left her alone for an hour and later returned to the computer.  Eventually I had posted and started to head out for the memorial ride.  She surprised me by saying she wanted to go.

I carried our bikes downstairs then and we walked up to Safeway before riding to the Panhandle.  It was a lot of work but she never mentioned the birds.  When we arrived we saw people we knew.  I spoke to an old Bike Party friend and he introduced me to a guy who knew my friend.  We rode through Stanyan and beyond.

At the ghost bike we stood in silence for twenty minutes.  Then we returned up JFK.  Our car free acquaintance rode with my friend most of the way.  I rode with some guys I knew.  They said hi to my friend.  We peeled off at Market.  My friend was talking to a lady from butter when the ride went to SOMA for the second memorial in the ride.

At the apartment I cleaned up the guest list and prepared the data for input but I gave up and we went to bed at around 1130.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I went to Four Barrel with my friend around 7.  She told me that she didn’t want to do anything for the weekend.  A little after this I caught a late train at Fourth and King.  I followed a truck at Whipple.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment