Saturday, December 13, 2014

Who Liked My Hat

On October thirteenth I wrote that on the Friday before I left at 530 and told my coworker to meet me for Bike Party in downtown Oakland.  I looked for lights for her but wasn’t successful.  My friends were finishing up at a restaurant when Lauren we ate some take out on the way.  The ride left from West Oakland BART.  We rode Mandela Parkway to Telegraph.  I saw a Coalition staffer on the way to Mosswood Park and noticed upon our arrival that there were a lot of people.  I introduced my coworker to the guys.  My friend’s wife invited us to her Halloween Party as we were riding through Piedmont.  The locals seemed to appreciate the ride.  We went around Lake Merritt after that and stopped across from the Henry J Kaiser auditorium.  I met a cute English lady who liked my hat and we became friends on FB.  I found the people and we finished our beer.  I noted that some people were keeping warm using BBQ coals left in the park from the day which had had stellar weather.   There were more people than I had ever seen at Bike Party.  When the ride left for the last stop near the gazebo my coworker and I said bye at 19th and descended to the train.

The next day I was up at 10 and went to Java Beach where I saw my district Supervisor briefly.  Some friends from the Coalition came in a moment later and we talked for a while.  One of them had intended to attend a political function with the Mayor but that didn’t happen.  She was headed to the Noriega Street Faire and the 45th avenue block party.  I tried to share my views on the SPUR agenda, swales and parking.  I did the same for the paper I was writing but she was wholly resistant.  I finished the paper when they left and went looking at the block parties.  I saw the lady who runs the kids programming at the Coalition on 45th Avenue with her family.  Then I went home and worked on my notes.  In time I realized I needed to watch the game.  I messaged a bartender I knew and went to Irving where I got Falafel.  Then I rode to the Uptown.  On the way I noted that the crowds in the street were cheering for a hit from Sandoval.  I ate my sandwich and watched the game at Uptown.  I sat next to the bartender’s husband.  I saw the whole game and we won.  I was outside with off duty bartenders for a while. 

The next morning I was up at 10.  I went to Java Beach and tweeted—read the paper.  Later I went home, checked with friends about the game and shared messages with my twitter friend.  I noted that she seemed to like me as a friend but I was clearly struggling with that.  I noted that I needed to exercise patience.  I went to Celia’s and watched the game.  There were a lot of crazy surfers and nice ladies.  The Cards put up a fight this time and we trailed for a while before coming out ahead.  While the game was tied when I went home, the Giants lost.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment