Thursday, December 4, 2014

I Climbed Page Street

On October I wrote that I rode to PHill breathing a sigh that it was Friday.  I rode to Civic and called my friend.  I climbed Page Street and had a taco.  I went to the Page bar and when my friend showed up we went to Kezar together for Bike Party.  There we bumped into his college classmate while talking about corporations.  He was with an Aussie.  I asked him about diffusion of innovation.  We rode through Band Shell and down Cabrillo to about 22nd.  We climbed Lake to the back of Mountain Lake.  I saw all of the people I normally see and a business guy I know—he gave me a beer with a card for his new job.

We rode back to Lake and to the Arguello gate. I saw the couple I first started to go on the ride with.  At Palace of Fine Arts I the spouses of my friends had arrived and I noted that “the men” had engaged in a sustained discussion of mechanics as I looked on.  We were leaving and I interrupted my friend in the middle of a conversation with a lady he knew.  People started to peel off at Fort Mason.  We rode Van Ness to Beach and then to Pier 7 and there the party wound down.  My friend and his old classmate wanted food so we went to Mel’s.  I left them at Ninth Street and was in bed at 2.

The next day I got up at 1030 and went to Java Beach and the barista was ignoring me.  I gave up on her and finished the paper.  I noted that my friend from the night before wasn’t receptive to my texts so I went home and worked on the AAG presentation and updated my job search profiles.  I then went to Park Chow and Shamrock to watch the Giants work through 18 innings until they won with a home run from Belt.  I met two girls back from Hardly Strictly that were into the game.  I also got a response from a lady I knew through Twitter.  I went to bed at around 1030.

On the day that I wrote this I woke up at 3 and 930.  I went to Java Beach and read the paper.  I came home then to work on the NA and look at the GIS exams.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment