Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Walking to Marx Meadow

On October sixth I wrote that the day before I had looked up exams to take and then I resigned myself to check out Hardly Strictly.  I rode to JFK and parked at the Polo Fields and started walking to Marx Meadow.  I bumped into a riding buddy from the Car Free Happy Hour and we drank some borrowed beer and enjoyed the breeze as T Bone played.  Our mutual acquaintances, as far as we knew, were near the valet so we ventured over that way.  I left my buddy at the far eastern stage.  I didn’t see my friends so I went to the Gold Stage and took pictures of Dwight Yoakum and tweeted.  I I finally found the people I was looking for at the rooster stage.

Afterwards I went to Celia’s, which was packed but I found a seat.  There was a regular I knew and I got to know the bartender—the other was off but was still helping.  I went home after sending a text to a lady I knew on Twitter.  At home I checked my email and had an hour long conversation with dad.  He gave me some financial advice.  He told me that forming a company is alright as long as I only employ contracting up to a point.  My twitter friend sent me a reply.

Then, that morning, I awoke at 645 and sent her another message on the way to work because our conversation had touched on something that I thought she would find interesting.  We met up that day, October the seventh, for a transportation policy happy hour.  I had gotten off at 430 and rode to PHill with a tail wind and after stopping a the bank, I walked to Minna.  I bought her a beer and got to see a bunch of people from MTA, CTA and an assortment of planning agencies.  I have noted on many occasions that I don’t fit in with planners.  I introduced my friend to as many people as I was able and I met a few new people.  When we left we made plans to attend Winterfest.  I caught an N to 9th where I watched the Giants win the Division championship sitting with Little Shamrock regulars.  I held a Chihuahua owned by the friend of a gilr that used to bartend there.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment