Tuesday, December 16, 2014

We Mentioned an Art

On October seventeenth I wrote that the day before had left at 415 and breathed a sigh of relief before I boarded the train.  I went to the Palace Hotel and ate at the Piper.  The meal was too expensive and the food was only ok.  I was watching the game and waiting for my friend.  There were a lot of people and the game went back and forth.  I noted that I couldn’t remember the details but the Cards did come out ahead by the time she showed up.  I told her everything about my life since I had last seen her in the first few minutes she was there.  She had been at work til 630.  She told me a little about herself but really my eyes were on the TV.  Our mutual friend had been texting her about going to shows.

The Giants won and began their trip to the WS and she and I headed to “Spare Change?”  We got a little lost but found it on California at Kearney and the door man didn’t know where “Spare Change” was but immediately knew where to send us when we mentioned an art gallery.  The artist we were going to see had left but we looked at her stuff.  The game had made us miss her.  Afterwards, we went to Gitane and talked about her family.  We walked to Market and she went to find her friend at the Fillmore.  I tried to find a 71 but the message never came.  I took the N


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment