Friday, January 26, 2024

Up to Phoenix Lake

On December 10 I wrote that I woke to my boys watching TV in our room at the San Anselmo Inn. It was raining a lot. The boys urged me to get up and I complied when they stopped watching TV.

We got the umbrellas out and put jackets on to walk to the coffee shop where we sat next to a lady from Novato who said we were very well behaved. I had a bagel with egg and ham – the boys had a couple of croissants.

When we were done we walked to the shops to get new umbrellas and rain boots. We also got a book at the book shop and I picked up an STS from Ludwig’s specialty liquor store.

The rain had ended then so we ran to the inn, changed and hopped on the bike. We rode past the Seminary and up to Phoenix lake. When we got to the top of the dam, I texted pictures to my siblings and the three of us had refreshments. We looked at the old pipes.

We stopped at the Shaver Grade Trail before heading back to San Anselmo. As we approached town it started to rain very heavily. I put the rain fly on and the boys went upstairs and changed. We were in the room for about an hour. I made them hot cocoa and had a little coffee.

Later, around 5:30, we went to Jane’s tacos and had quesadillas. I had a Mezcal flight with my chicken molĂ©. The wait staff gave us crayons and were really nice. We went to the gelato place and then I stopped at Ludwigs on the way back to the Inn.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment