Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Double Pirate

On December 3, 2022, I wrote that the night before I met an acquaintance at the bike polo courts. We met the bike party regulars and a few others.

The ride went up 18th. My companion was very popular with the crowd. At Sanchez and Market we sailed through because of corking. The music bikes were really loud so we jumped ahead to Page – everyone had to walk but not us! Panhandle was crowded but we were really excited about the recently decorated Christmas tree.

At Entwined we hung out with Bike Party people. A bunch of people from the neighborhood were there. There were also a few people I knew from twitter. Even a safe street advocate walked up as we were leaving.

The ride disappeared because my companion got a flat. However a person I knew from the Wednesday ride saved us! Later he showed us the double pirate at the De Young. We said bye to him there and took Grove to Alamo Square and found the ride at Civic Center where I saw more people I knew– one of whom had just done a bike tour to LA.

The ride took Market to Valencia. I said bye to my companion at Dolores Park where Bike Party was shut down early by a Ranger. I learned then that one of the organizers turns out to live near me.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment