Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Nutcracker

On December 8, 2022, I wrote that that morning I woke at 7:15 and walked to the coffee shop. Later, I walked to Fillmore and to the school because I would be chaperoning my sons’ class for matinee of the nutcracker. We took the bus with 11 kids and six adults. One of my boys was late so took another bus with his teacher since he’s in another class. I noted there were others chaperoning his class.

The transfer was OK but I noticed none of the kids were holding hands. I mostly stuck to my boy but there were others was nearby. It was a mix of parents I knew with other kids. I discussed Muni with one parent who drives busses for a living. At the ballet my other boy was still late and when she showed up she went to the wrong place.

I gave an umbrella to him and then we all went inside. We sat down at our seats. I noted that the parent with my other boy texted me. The performance was really interesting and many parts were expected. It was set in San Francisco and there was a lot of snow.

When it ended the kids were complaining that it was too long. Everyone clapped at odd times. One of the teachers got us on a five bus quickly and we went home. A couple of people had left early but everyone else left together. I got my bag and texted my coworkers while having coffee across from the school while waiting for them to get out of class.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment