Tuesday, December 5, 2023

We Rode to Inkwells

In the morning of September 2, 2022, I wrote that I sent a message to an acquaintance in Point Reyes Station who had agreed to play hostess for the coming Saturday before I got the boys up for the day. We had breakfast like a normal school day.

As we had already dropped the bike off at Embarcadero, I only had to collect the odds and ends to leave the apartment. However, the bus ride to the Ferry Building was a little frustrating because we barely made our boat despite getting up early.

I had to stay busy repacking the bike during the bay crossing but the trip was fun and the boys enjoyed themselves. I had to ask the attendants to retrieve my backpack after we left but that turned out alright – I got everything back.

We went to Larkspur Landing to take photo booth pics before loading up the bike and riding up the slough into Ross. I got coffee in Sam Anselmo. The boys remembered everything. It was really sweet. Later we rode to the Fairfax market and Bike Shop to get a few items. The kids had been having issues up to this point and I realized it was really hot.

I missed a turn on the way to the market in Fairfax but in total we were ahead of time. We stopped at White Hill elementary to get the boys water. I shared photos of our ascent to the pass with friends and I noted that everything was great.

The descent to Woodacre was also fine. We had ice cream sandwiches. I met the owner of the store. I got a beer and a cocktail and some other items. We got butterfly stickers.

On our way to Lagunitas my work called and I had to do a surprise meeting which was really frustrating because it killed enough time that we were late passing through Lagunitas. We rode to inkwells but there wasn’t enough sunshine and I was kind of not happy. I jumped in anyway. I yelled at the boys to jump in. It was fine after that though.

Later we went to the campsite and met a guy from Sacramento and another guy named who had a Brompton from Danville. We unpacked and set up the tent. Then we had ramen with sauerkraut and some messy candy.

A couple from Seattle showed up on Brompton‘s and the guy from Danville was ecstatic. They shared all of their stories about their peripheral ride around America. I cleaned up and got the boys in bed. The boys really helped. I tried to be nice. I sat with the Brompton riders and chatted for an hour.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life.

This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment