Friday, December 1, 2023

The Opening Pitch

August 14, 2022, I wrote that the day before Jo and I took a seven to Gordo and then eight in big wreck. We discussed his divorce and when I mentioned mine we discussed wildfire. We looked at Sutro. We went to the fireside. There I explained YIMBY. A dog was loud so we relocated to Finnegans. Margaret arrived at dad‘s so we took an N and walked. We discussed Bjork at dad‘s house. Dad played some Irish music. Edgar gave me a beer. I went to bed late. I didn’t sleep well.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke at my dad’s house and my brother made coffee. As we got ready to go, I confirmed where to meet for dad’s birthday baseball game. I said bye to everyone at the local bakery and I rode my electric cargo bike through Golden Gate Park to the apartment.

A little while later I rode to the ferry building to meet my kids and their mother for some hot cocoa. Then we stopped at a deli to got sandwiches on the way to meet my family and friends at the playground next to the ballpark. While picnicking my Dad was with his new lady friend. Before heading inside, I took the boys to the Giants’ souvenir shop after going to the bike valley and bumped into a few of my friends and coworkers on the way. They had got comic books at the door upon entry to the park.

We went upstairs and sat with our group and watched the opening pitch. Later boys went off with their cousins a few times. I sat with my brother most of the game but by the seventh inning was sitting with my niece and her friends.

A little before the end of the game the boys left on a pedicab with their mother to go back to her home just as the Pirates got one run ahead. So in the ninth it was stressful. After the game, I retrieved my bike. My sister had wanted to see the fire station that our grandfather had worked at when he was alive. However no one really understood what she had intended and we were all trying to leave. Hence everyone got lost.

I put two of my party - my brother’s friends - on my bike and we passed all of the cars on Embarcadero on our way to Yerba Buena cafĂ©. We got there 40 minutes before the rest of the group arrived. I had a waffle and Irish coffee while we waited. Later and I gave rides on my bicycle.

The party went to Boudin where we had soup bread bowls. Then we went to observe the seals before walking through North Beach for a beer at Vesuvio.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment