Friday, December 29, 2023

I saw a rainbow unicorn.

On November 5, 2022, I wrote that the night before I went to 17th and Harrison for San Francisco Bike Party and saw people I had gotten to know well over the course of the pandemic. I also saw quite a few of the regular leadership from the various Bike Parties – SF, Ease Bay (Yay) and San Jose. When we rolled out down Shotwell I saw old acquaintances and many people I had known on that ride for many years. I also saw a lot of new faces.

We headed up 15th. The ride was slow and at Market one of the ride leaders stopped the group to let cars go by. Some of the hard core of SF’s cycling rebels were managing traffic as the ride headed to Castro Street and returned to the Mission along 18th Street. I didn’t think the route was very productive but it turned out great.

I was behind a couple of girls for a bit. Later I saw a friend I knew from Twitter. I helped the ride at Guerrero. I saw a rainbow unicorn.

I rode with the group to Valencia and we went down 26th to Potrero Del sol. I spoke to many of the same people I had known for ages and we all caught up with our lives. During the ride a person from my geography happy hours said hi to me but I wasn’t able to locate her later. I hung out with “my group” and discussed camping before we headed out.

The ride went up Potrero. I spoke to a bunch of people but it was mostly in passing. Some guy said he liked my Cross Check. We rode the circle in Mission Bay and went on the sidewalk to avoid the metal grates on The Third Street Bridge. I saw those girls again. I also hung out with the cycling rebels again. I spotted an old acquaintance and we all did some catch up.

I followed the Rebels to Market and rode home with a few others. We met a random Canadian girl on the way.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment