Tuesday, January 11, 2022

I rode to Healdsburg.

On March 13, 2021 I wrote that around 9:30 in the morning I rode to Healdsburg.

I took the wiggle to Golden Gate Park and noted that the bridge was really windy and hard but the road to Sausalito was OK. I had coffee and continued. I knew I would end up riding late but I was confident that I could make it the whole 80 miles.

Horse hill and Cal Park tunnel happened fast enough. I noted that I had had only one incident on Corte Madera Creek Bridge. A guy had asked if it was one way and honestly that segment is a pretty tight fit.

I passed through downtown San Rafael and later, near Civic Center, I learned that Las Gallinas only goes through for bikes and pedestrians. I found Lucas Valley hard because of the hills before and after and I generally didn’t like Novato Boulevard.

I stopped at Pete’s coffee and tried to be quick. I also stopped in Olompali. The wind was ruthless.

Ironically, I tweeted during the long climbs especially near San Antonio creek. I got a picture of The Haystack and some dude honked at me on Petaluma Boulevard. After that I took Lynch Creek and Ely road. I said hi to everyone.

Getting to Cotati was easy. I knew I would end up riding in the dark though. Santa Rosa Boulevard was easier than expected but Roberts Lake is not a very good place to ride a bike.

Santa Rosa was actually easier. The airport turns were also easy but it was pitch black by then. However, Windsor had streetlights. After I got tacos at Starr, I rode up Old Redwood Highway to Healdsburg in the dark. The experience was harrowing but only six cars passed me. I went to a place called Spoon Bar where some lady randomly drank my beer.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment