Thursday, December 23, 2021

The Big Playground

On February 20, 2021 I wrote that I woke at 9:15 to one of my boys giving me a card with interesting bits of paper taped on. I got them dressed and made them a meal. By 1030 I had chatted with an acquaintance and let my father know that he would see me later.

I brought laundry to the laundromat and brought the garbage downstairs. After that I packed the kids and went over to the coffee shop on Market at Laguna. The line was long but the people watching was wonderful.

I took the boys to Page Street but they only got out to ride their scooters at Stanyan. I got coffee. We spent 3 1/2 hours with my acquaintances at the big playground. I met their friends - one of whom was my old coworker. We talked a lot.

I took the boys to the supermarket and left a coffee bag with an acquaintance whose kids are my kids’ age. Then I climbed to over Golden Gate Heights to dad’s house. He had made lasagna. I got a moment of quiet at around 7:45 and then we had pie.
 
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment