Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Stop Outside Grants Pass

March 29, 2021 I got up at around 6:30 in Southern Oregon near Ashland. My brother got up around the same time but headed out pretty quick. I got my kids up and did the morning thing before leaving to find him at his office in Cave Junction. Other than one quick stop outside Grants Pass, the ride was fine.

Once we arrived my brother took the kids off to the preschool he runs in the forest nearby. We had agreed that I would visit him so my kids could participate in his program. I settled in in his office until noon and got coffee. It was a pretty lazy afternoon. I read email and responded to some work related questions.

When my brother and the kids returned, I helped him with his van before we caravaned to his house. We spent a bit of time exploring his property on the Illinois River. We played with the boat and then started dinner tacos. I cleared the table. The neighbors made a brief appearance and then we had dinner.

Later we had a bit of trouble getting ready for bed but we read stories. My brother had to prepare for the next day and I had to read work emails.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment