Saturday, December 28, 2019

Headed to Reno

On August 30 I wrote that the night before I played games until late.  I didn’t sleep well but it was OK because I was headed to Reno as soon as I was up at 5:30.

It was hard at first. The house was asleep. I grabbed cereal and tea for myself before getting my bags together. I put the bike outside and lined the bags up in the hall.  When I got everything together it turned out my friend was going to coffee but she only tried to sneak by me in a halfway quiet manner. I caught up to her with the bags and we sat with a local and drank coffee.

Then I half way noisily walked to Bart. The bike was really heavy and the bags barely fit on the plate. The commuters were very accommodating but I noted that I would want to store my bike at MacArthur Station if I ever did the trip again.

The ride to Emeryville was easy. I was impressed. I got a tag for the bike but my sound equipment had to be detached. Once inside the train, I settled in at the seat and when the conductor was done I relocated to the Café car and got some chocolate, coffee and whiskey. Initially I thought it was quiet time but later on the way through Auburn I decided to get lunch in the diner.

I started writing when it really was quiet time.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment