Monday, December 16, 2019

Trip to San Anselmo

On August 24 I wrote that in the morning I put the bikes out in preparation for our trip to San Anselmo. We cleaned the kitchen before we got ready to go. My friend did a lot.

I had made coffee which was good because we made it outside a little late. We made the Ferry Building at what I thought was the right time but it turned out I had read the schedule wrong. We instead took the Sausalito boat which left around 1030. I noted it was not a roll-on ferry but it was roll-off.   We ate crackers on the trip.

When we got off I put money on Clipper Cards and we rode to the coffee shop. Then we rode to Corte Madera. We got separated near Mike’s Bikes because I had gone too fast. She was really nice about it. The marshes were easy and we went to Alta Tunnel Trail.

After that I put in a lot of effort climbing Horse Hill. I thought that the far side was epic as I loudly descended. At the park my friend surprised me with beer. We found a way onto the railroad grade/bike path from there and rode through the town of Ross to San Anselmo.

We checked in to our hotel and I parked out back. A bit later her old classmate showed up. She had brought a lot of small whiskey bottles.  Later we went to the pizzeria and the local park before returning to the hotel. 

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment