Friday, April 7, 2017

Ticket and The Boat

On 13 March I wrote that I got my bike and left for the ferry building on the test ride for the #Ride2Larkspur - Learn more here. I was a few minutes late but I knew no one was meeting me.  I figured that since anyone would meet us it would be at the Sausalito entrance any new post would have to say something about Peet's or the Sausalito entrance. After considering how to represent myself to the public I decided that a picture of myself would be the best idea.


I was at Peet's with a marker so went to a kiosk and got a cardboard for a sign. There were people at the Sausalito entrance. They were interested in new ideas for doing things. I saw the line as a potential source of Publicity and ask people about they are destinations on the boat.


I had a whiskey and finish my coffee with a donut. I was near the front of the boat washing the islands in the bridge. At the terminal I sat looking at Twitter and also went to Starbucks. I then rode Bridgeway to Richardson Bay pretty quick and from watching the faster cycles found that the Bay Model route was better. I stopped at Bayshore park near the sewage plant.


I made an FB post that should be useful in the future and also thought about meet up and other things.  Unfortunately the tweets were really bad so I had to remake them. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to sit and rest though. I decided I wanted to use Meetup and or Urban.


I rode over Horse Hill and after Meadowsweet realized I was going to be late for the ferry so did the rest of the ride as fast as possible.  Near Bon Air I started taking photos to the 101 and Corte Madera Creek. On Cal Park Hill Bridge I discovered they were too many rights of way to easily find Landing Circle.


I went to the brewery for a picture, headed to the ferry, got a ticket and the boarded the boat. While boarding I spoke to three people and one seemed interested in the May ride. If I had had flyers it would've helped. I read through Bay Crossing's magazine and discovered that there may be some potential there.


I had a beer and some chips and I also grilled the attendant about the boat configurations. He said very little but the bartender indicated catamarans were likely going to start in April. She told me to look at the service schedule.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment