Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Roundabout Was Full

On the morning of 15 March I wrote that I had gone to bed late on the 13th. My friend and I had made lists and tidied. We gave up and slept and it was around 545 when my duck started quacking and at 6:15 I made myself some tea. My friend and I sat in the living room. We looked at our lists until seven.


We have decided on a meal and cleaned.  I made breakfast and did the dishes. Things went quick after I had tidied and she finished packing.  I caught some air downstairs and we left around 945. We set up our equipment and walked to Four Barrel and onward to 16th to catch an SFO train.


At the terminal I texted mom. She and dad arrived and we made a bit of noise. We made a bit of a mess as well.  We went through security and I left everyone behind looking for my friend’s mom. I found her nearby and found a seat while they were at the deli.


When the ladys sat down we took shifts. We went through our stuff loudly and talked. I went to the ATM, bought a coffee and later some whiskey. We sat in a different spot a while after this and our neighbors voiced how impressed they were. I was made doubly happy.


We boarded and a mixup in our seats cause my friend and I to complain. We got mom seated near us and my friend was in the wrong spot. Her mom was still behind us but there was an extra seat after we had complained. So it was OK.


I was really loud in my seat and my friend was too. The couple behind me and her left were understanding. So it worked. There were no TV screens. Mom gave me the deli sandwich she had purchased. The lady next to my friend didn't like me sitting there. When my friend got up because I was so loud – trying to nap for quiet time.  I poked around in the galley a couple of times. I had whiskey and as the flight wore on coffee. my friend's neighbor offered us Cheetos.


We were the last to deplane and we had no trouble finding our equipment – it was just lying on the street next to the loading zone. I had trouble finding both the edge of the secure zone as well as the car rental.  The gates forced all of us into the street when we got the luggage.  The rental was expensive. Upstairs the equipment wasn't all there but we were able to get it together before we left.  I noted that my friend was really excited about the opportunity to be in Hawaii again.


The drive was all traffic. However, I appreciated the chance to drive in a new place. Highway is in Hawaii were a quaint departure from San Francisco. The wedding party left messages asking about our estimated arrival.


At the resort it was still light but I hit the speed bumps too hard. At the complex it was dark. The roundabout was full of cars. There was noise and the ladies tried to get unpacked. The brother of the groom, my old classmate, and I talked with the attendant and then we parked before going to the room and at the ground floor my friend to get into the room.


We went up with the ladies and I went to the rehearsal dinner.  It was confusing because everyone was saying “Hi!” to me but I didn't know how to grab a bite and get in contact with my party which was all in the condo. When people did come down to have some ribs it was only the moms. There was ahi at that point also. I had to actually go upstairs at some point to find my friend and then we headed off to the party as the rehearsal was breaking up.


I found a conversation with the father of the bride. I made fun of one of the guests from Minnesota.  An old acquaintance sat down at some point and then we all agreed to go to his room later. Later I discovered it was also the groom’s room. My friend had gone back to the condo.


We walk to the elevator while my old acquaintance made provocative comments. His wife was not amused. The groom's room was really great and I got to know their roommate. The Minnesotans were also there. I was able to look at some of the rooms. The air was really bad so the groom used a hairdryer.


My old college classmate and I sat on the balcony for about 40 minutes as people left. I left at 11. The groom had already gone to bed. The bride and my old college classmate had been talked about stuff. I asked her about work. I noticed that my old classmate knew a Sacramento friend but later I discovered it was because of me.


I went to bed and fell asleep around 2 o'clock in the morning. My freind made a bunch of noise at around four and I had to help her till 530. It was fine though. At 8:30 I went into the condo to look things over and really quick it was apparent that we needed to go shopping. We asked my friend’s mom to keep the condo quiet while we were at the natural food store.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment