Saturday, April 15, 2017

There Were Toasts

On 16 March I wrote that we drove to the shops then. We started at the health food store and I ate toffee. The ladies found stuff they liked and I got them coffee. We discovered there were things missing from what we needed so we drove to Target across the parking lot.


At Target we got some shirts for the wedding and I got eggs and cream. I couldn't find good coffee. We returned to the car. My friend’s mom texted some pictures. She was strolling on the beach. We went to a coffee shop near the resort and I got a call from the commission. I had been hired for a job I wanted.


I told mom and my friend and called dad. We tried to check out the small store across from the cafĂ© but just drove to the room. When we got upstairs we helped my friend’s mom with some noise.  I spent some time trying to figure myself out and after a short while I went to the only bar to drink and write.


The grooom came down and we hung out until nearly 230. I got a lot of writing but I had to quit when we ran out of time. We discussed the night before. He described some of the choces he had to make in the near future.  One decision would help others and the second would make things easier for himself.. I returned to the room a short while later and my friend and I got organized to go to the wedding.


We made good time organizing and my friend’s mom called off. We walked up the coastal path but we're told we couldn't continue by Four Seasons staff. We continued on the road then and the wedding party called me. It looked like we were late. We had some disagreements about the route but we made it. The cart got mired in the sand.


We made a minimum of noise during the event and I took a lot of photos. A bit later I introduced mom to the groom’s mother and aunts and when we were about to depart she got a ride from them. I saw the groom’s cousin.


The dinner was all set up when we arrived. I got all of us water and we sat down. There were some announcements and then each table went to get food. We ate for a bit and I remember hearing my friend as she made her mess. There were toasts. My old college classmate - the groom’s brother - toasted to his brother and his wife took over for the bride of honor who couldn't be there.


The bride and groom thanked everyone as the caterer came to sit with us.  We voiced our pleasure over the meal. I sat in the grass for a bit making the noises I tend to make. There a lot of children around.


When we were done we went upstairs and wound the condo down. The moms agreed to take over and at eight my friend and I went to the beach to dance with the wedding party. I talked to the father of the groom about the new job and later we sat at the beach hut drinking wine. I was invited us to the groom’s room and when we got up there we hung out with everyone that was still awake.


We were checking out the fan in the bathroom. The groom was pretty drunk and the men were a bit rowdy. They were remembering wedding fights. The bride wanted to go to the beach and my friend and I ran off to get dressed for it but when we got to the back gate it was locked so we gave up.


Later I saw the groom walking back from the beach from the balcony. I called to them but it was time to go to bed so they called back good night. I was in bed at midnight.


We were up at 5:30 but got up at seven. I spent an hour fretting. Mom made coffee from the horrible stuff we found in the cupboard. My friend’s mom and I decided to walk to the coffee shop. I got grounds. I start writing and I saw the groom’s cousin. I texted an old coworker about my new job and we talked on the phone.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment