Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Ballroom on Sutter

On 22 January I wrote that my friend and I crossed the street in front of the apartment to enjoy the women's march with the neighbors. People kept asking us is very nosy questions and it started raining. At ninth we walked up to Civic Center but the crowd was too big so we returned to Market. Then we walked to the neighbors’ and had mulled wine and appreciated the quiet after crazy march.


After that we spent some time at the apartment until we were all dressed up and fancy Edwardian Ball outfits and I called a cab. When we got to our fellow revelers place she greeted us in a similarly fancy outfit and we sat down for had cocktails. I hung out with the cat until the ladies were ready before we caught a ride to Van Ness and walked to the ballroom on Sutter.


At the door we all had tickets but my friend had to sign in. The coat room had a huge line so we went to the ballroom. We decided it was fine that there was no place for our coats so we went upstairs to the third floor. I immediately saw a local tailor and his entourage.


Later we saw a volunteer we knew and she told us she hold on to our coats for us. Then we started watching the performance in the upper ballroom. I stepped away to enjoy the room for a bit. Later the volunteer told us whe would hang out with us between volunteer shifts.


The four of us went to the front hall on the same floor and some drinks with an acquaintance from Sacramento Tweed. We saw several people we knew.


After that we walked around for a bit and then descended to the main ballroom. A bit later we continued to the ground floor to see the vendors where we bumped into two other people from Sacramento.  After the for ladies and I took a selfie my companions and I returned to the main ballroom. I noted that the master of ceremonies was a fancy lady that one of us had worked with.   


It was around one in the morning by then and we were all worn out.  We all went out into the rain then and knew that we had a great time when we bid each other a good night.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment