Friday, January 13, 2017

Got a Second Boothby

On 12 December I wrote that around 4 I headed to Market and caught an F car. I spotted the Emperor’s group just as one of the revelers texted to say they were nearly to House of Sheilds.

I stood and watched the tour guide do his Emperor Norton impersonation outside the Palace.  It was very convincing. Later at the House of Shields the guys were all there and we took our Boothby cocktails upstairs.

They had friends to talk to so I stood with a few others. There were cookies and steampunk. I got a second Boothby and asked an acquaintance about my pedestrian crossing idea. She gave me a few leads but it also told me about herself. I know that she had started reviewing for a new newsletter.

Her husband and  and I commiserated over some of the basics and then the toast happened. When that had passed an acquaintance had to go so we talked for a minute about a bike ride. Then I went back upstairs. I interacted with a new goup for a bit and then I said bye to the organizers before leaving.

Oddly enough I nearly missed out on interacting with a Tweed Ride organizer because I saw him while leaving. I rode the F with an Emperor’s reveler. When we got on the F train he said that he would be by the apartment sometime.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment