Saturday, January 21, 2017

TV and Some Excedrin

On 7 January I wrote that I was at the Sacramento Amtrak station. I took the Amtrak ramp to the stations west side. I rode through old town. I passed near the bridge and then rode to the river to 24th. My old drinking buddy opened her door immediately. She gave me a drink, chips and a bag full of clothes and stuff. I shared stories about mutual acquaintances and places with her and her man.

Later I rode Riverside to 14th and 15th and stopped at a taqueria before riding to meet the bike partiers. My host opened the door as the whole group rode up.  After talking extensively about Tweed Ride we rode to the meet up for Bike Party. There was a journalist that kept taking pictures of us. I thought we started late. The ride went to bike kitchen and I spoke with my hostess the whole time about Tweed.

When we got to Bike Kitchen near the end of the ride the neighbor kicked us out of their parking lot so we decided to go over to a local bar to see a washboard player and his jazz band.  He did a great job of entertaining and was a really great guy. We took a group photo and I wasn't certain why.

Later my host and I ran to his house with a few others because they wanted to avoid the rain on their ride home.  When he went to bed he left me with a glass of water, TV and some Excedrin and gave me a spot next to the dog.

I woke up at seven and I told him that I was catching a bus because of the rain. I rode with an umbrella to the stop and eventually made it to my old college friend's house when breakfast had just been finished. They gave me coffee and a lot of books. We talked about family and other stuff.

I decided to bike to the train station because the weather had cleared up. I took 17th, crossed the freeway 18th and the light rail at 19th. I took F St. and got stuck around fifth on the new lots. The ticket printed easy and I boarded. I went to the concession and heard that the next stop was Martinez. I texted a friend to say I would be getting off in Richmond .

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment