Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Crowd was There

I rode to the bar and the crowd was there. I talked to a journalist, a poet and got to know the host.  The event organizer, I found out later, was a bookstore manager. An acquaintance showed up while I was eating my sandwich and we talked to the host. They hadn't met up to that point.


Moments later I spied a guy from the city I knew and followed him outside. We agreed to meet some time to talk about the city website. He also said that he had an event coming up in May.


We went inside and I talked to the event host and organizer. The guy from the city and the poet really had a lot of fun talking about city neighborhoods. The host really appreciated it. I met a person that followed me on Twitter. I almost knocked a bike on the ground on the way out.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment